Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chocolate Bundles

Puff pastry is the best thing ever invented. You could wrap a dog turd in puff pastry and it would seem elegant and refined. You can wrap meat in puff pastry, cheese, veggies (but why ruin it?); you get the picture.

Today I'm going to wrap up some food of the angels, our old friend chocolate.

 I have had this recipe saved for 10 years and decided to finally try it. Here is the original recipe from Pepperidge Farm. It calls for chocolate chips and walnuts. Um, no thanks.

Here is my recipe:

Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
Candy bar of your choice (Oh, loook, I overbought, guess I'll be eating that extra one later)
Powdered Sugar and/or Chocolate Sauce.



Pan
Parchment Paper



Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Let the puff pastry thaw out for 40 minutes at room temperature.

Then wrap like this:



Bake for 20 minutes. COVER with chocolate sauce and/or powdered sugar.
It's a buttery, chocolaty pocket of love.

...and there ya go.. YUM. I decided to lose the chocolate sauce and/or powdered sugar and just cut the sweetness a little with some ice cream. WHOOP!
 This one is mine. Now you go make your own! ;)
(Leave a comment)


Friday I'll be showing off the Valentines I made for my Boy.
L

1 comment:

  1. I JUST printed a recipe for Chocolate-Filled Crecents using crecent rolls and chocolate chips. I like yours better. YUM!

    ReplyDelete